I’ve been out and about in recent months at some awesome events (MozFest and Full Frontal) which has again put me in touch with some fairly amazing people who I’ve certainly not seen as much as I would have liked to and in general they’ve all asked me the same thing – “so what did you do?”. It’s always a question that I struggle to answer as I certainly did do a lot and at times I never can never really remember them all so while this may not be everything I hope there might be some interesting things in here for everyone to pick up on. Read more
Posts from the ‘Personal’ Category
Nov 9 2014
Sep 29 2013
I have had a day of clearing my head as today is my last day of being unemployed. The job I said I had lined up is starting tomorrow and after a whole summer of ‘slacking off’ (or relaxing as I think most other people call it) I’m actually looking forward to getting back into a slightly more ‘normal’ routine and office banter (and socials) again. But what have I actually been doing, and where will I be working from tomorrow?
- I’m starting work at Expedia/hotels.com – I’ll be working in their offices in London (Islington to be precise)
- having not really touched a computer in anger over the summer I’m hoping I can still remember how to code
- I have continued losing weight – 20.8kg (45lbs/3.2 stone) lost and body fat percentage (down 11% from where I started)
- fitbit says that I have walked over 920 miles
- my mum has undergone rather major but what looks like very successful surgery to remove all visible cancer
- I’m no longer feeling depressed
Aug 8 2013
It was just over three months ago that I got diagnosed with diabetes and heard that my mum had cancer, news that topped off my most recent bout of depression and left me making the tough decision to leave Mozilla to try and get myself a rather better daily routine and ultimately to start feeling good about myself again. And as of today things seem to be taking a turn for the better.
- I have lost around 16.6kg (36lbs/2.6 stones)
- my blood sugar, blood pressure and cholesterol levels are now that of a normal, healthy 30 year old
- fitbit says that I have walked over 500 miles
- I have a fantastic sounding new job lined up
- after 3 rounds of chemo my mum has an operation booked in up which the surgeons believe they can remove the bad stuff
Jun 27 2013
So in what is probably a rather poorly kept secret I now no longer work for the Mozilla Foundation, in fact my last day was last week but in an attempt to stay ‘offline’ for a little while after that I’m only starting to look at the blogs and that kind of stuff again now.
- with everything that they’re doing, and everything not work related that I’ll now need to be doing it felt like a good time to go
- not sure what the future hold yet – but let me know of anything interesting you have (rossbruniges at gmail dot com)
- mozilla is a great place to work – I’m happy to have done so and hopefully left a good legacy of websites, standards and friends!
May 20 2013
So a few weeks ago if you follow me on Twitter you would have seen me bitching about having a bad week; to be fair I bitch on Twitter about bad days/weeks/months rather more than I would like but mainly because I’m either extremely frustrated or angry with my personal work performance. Alas this particular bad week really had nothing to do with work.
- my mum is potentially very ill – waiting on dr’s full diagnosis,
- I am a diabetic – this will mean less booze and delicious food